There's Something about Mary

1/02/2007
Tuesday


is the begining of my vacation. Justin went back to work today, so for awhile its just me, the kids, and a list of housecleaning that could go around our house twice. Its amazing how much crap a family of four can go through in a matter of week, and how much cleaning needs to be done.

I've tried flylady...it just didnt work for me. Nothing works for me in the aspect of cleaning, expect maybe making enough money to hire a maid. Like that will ever happen. The kitchen dishes from last night are still calling my name, and upstairs the germs in the bathroom are dancing the jig. I just can't motivate myself enough to go and actually clean. Sometimes I feel like its my day OFF. I shouldnt have to CLEAN on my day off. But I know that its just not possible to FULLY have a day off when you have children. Even if I hired a babysitter for the day just so that I could lie around and do nothing. The thoughts and worries of my children would still circle around my head.
posted by Mary @ 10:54 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At January 2, 2007 at 10:46 PM, Blogger Shawna said…

    The housecleaner thing doesn't really work, so don't feel like you are missing out on much, Mary. She does a deep cleaning and then the next day everything is the same as it was before she came,; almost not worth it to me.

    Fly lady is alright. I have borrowed much from her, but she gets to stay at home and take care she and her husband...that's it. Oh yes, she has her commisioners job but that is nothing full time or even close to it. So her system can get frustrating if you can't be at the computer checking for her reminders, reading her sales pitches, or running around cleaning in 15 minute increments with nobody underfoot. Not likely for women like you and me.

    Maybe set up a 3-5 step routine for the morning and get used to that. I make the beds, start a load of wash, sweep the kitch and vaccum each morning--as long as my floors are clean I feel ok LOL

    Then try to add one new thing each month. January might be making sure the dryewr is empty each night before you call it a night. February might be having the coffee pot rinsed out and set up to press go in the morning. March might be spending 15 minutes each night putting toys away once the kids are in bed.

    A whole month to get into the habit of something does help sometimes...and after March, if it isn't working then don't stress and go back to whatever does work LOL

    Just know you are not alone! The kids will get bigger and can help a bit here and there...and eventually it all just becomes a routine!

     
  • At January 3, 2007 at 9:33 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Love the pics of the kids!

    What I do is just tackle one or two things a day so it's not overwhelming. No one said you had to clean the whole house in one day. Like yesterday I organized the kitchen and cleaned the bathroom. Today will be the living room.
    We also try to keep clutter down by making Ryan put his toys away after he's done playing with it. There is always no clutter by the end of the evening since he has to put his toys away before bedtime.

    I don't really have a system or anything. (except certain days for laundry..that is ALWAYS Monday and Friday) Everything else is more of an "as needed" basis or whatever I feel like doing at the time LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The randomness of my life as a working mother of two, trying to concieve another. A wife, a mother on the journey to find herself
White Chocolate

Name:
Home:
About Me: 24 year old full time working mother of 2
See my complete profile
My List

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Dark Chocolate
Semi Sweet Chocolate
calories


web counter

delicious
Thursday Thirteen! []