There's Something about Mary

1/04/2007
Thursday Thirteen #1!


Thirteen Things ways I can keep my house cleaner.

1. get rid of all junk mail. the MINUTE it hits my hands from my mailbox, into the garbage it goes. This includes all those annoying papers that come with bills, just save the bill pay part.

2. Throw out everything in the fourth bedroom, expect my moms china. Obviously its been in there since we moved here...over a year ago! And we havent touched it yet, so we dont need it.

3. Set two days a week to do laundry. and DO it. no questions.

4. Set a day each week to clean the bathroom. My most dreaded chore.

5. dont be such a packrat. There is no need to keep EVERYTHING that I have. Its time to start throwing things away.

6. Set the roomba out to clean once a day. It will save me time and energy...which is the reason I got that thing in the first place.

7. get in the habbit of cleaning the cat box every day before I take a shower. That way it wont get gross.

8. Everytime I leave a room, take five things with me that don't belong and put them in the right spot.

9. As I cook dinner, put all the dirty dishes into the sink thats filled with sudsy water. More inclination to clean.

10. set a schedule for a differnt day to clean each room upstairs.

11. get cayden and destinee to clean up after themselves more.

12. stop letting things just lie around. stop being lazy basically.

13. after the kids go to sleep, take 15 minutes to come downstairs and clean up a little. less stress in the morning than!

Labels:

posted by Mary @ 9:45 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At January 4, 2007 at 1:01 PM, Blogger Shawna said…

    #1,6, and 13 are gonna be winners, mary!!!! And don't worry if it takes awhile tomake this routine a habit--you may fall of the band wagon a few times and that is ok...just keep back up and start over!

    You can do it!

     
  • At January 4, 2007 at 4:07 PM, Blogger Joan said…

    I think this is like losing weight -- we usually know HOW to do it but we don't DO what we know to do. I enjoyed reading this, though.

     
  • At January 4, 2007 at 5:50 PM, Blogger Uisce said…

    roomba?? lucky!! I am such a packrat but I'm trying to improve. happy TT!

     
  • At January 5, 2007 at 9:16 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Great job Mary! I know you can do it!!

     
  • At January 7, 2007 at 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want a roomba! And what a great idea to take 5 things with you that don't belong when you leave a room. I should definitely do that!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The randomness of my life as a working mother of two, trying to concieve another. A wife, a mother on the journey to find herself
White Chocolate

Name:
Home:
About Me: 24 year old full time working mother of 2
See my complete profile
My List

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Dark Chocolate
Semi Sweet Chocolate
calories


web counter

delicious
Thursday Thirteen! []