There's Something about Mary

1/21/2007
My Family
I think that in order to answer some questions that have come up about my family, or that may come up in my family, I am going to explain my family. SO get ready to get confused LOL.

Lets start with my grandmother on my mothers side. I grew up thinking that her husband died...well I found out a few years ago that she was never married, that she was a mistress and got pregnant with my mom. SHOCKING i tell ya lol.

so then there is my mom. She got married to Frank young. Had three children, Kristie Micheal and me. THen they ended up getting divorced and it was nasty. Frank ended up giving up custody of us. SO then Arthur entered the picture. My mom and arthur (who I will now call my dad) got married, and my dad adopted me my sister and my brother. They became foster parents and then my mom got pregnant with my brother AJ. We were living in New York at the time. My parents decided to move to PA, they ended up adopting two of the foster childre. Shawn is mentally and physically handicapped, he is 21 now but on the brain level of a 2 year old. Joey is the other brother that they adopted, he has severe emtotional issues.

They moved out here to PA and my mom got pregnant again with Beau, my younger brother. So now AJ and Beau are my half brothers, Kristie and Micheal are my full siblings and shawn and joey are my adopted brothers.

flash forward a few years. I get courious about frank and decided to write him. Turns out that he has some kids, my half siblings. Mary, Mellissa and John.

so there it is....

Micheal and Kristie are my full siblings
AJ, Beau, Mary, Mellissa and John are my half siblings
Joey and Shawn are my adopted siblings.

In all I have 3 sisters and 6 brothers
posted by Mary @ 8:06 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At January 22, 2007 at 9:12 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Thank you for explaining that!! I will have to continue to reference that when you talk about them! LOL

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 11:03 AM, Blogger Shawna said…

    Wow, Mary! What a large and extended family...was it usually fun being part of that large brood or did it create difficulties? I ask because I am trying to understand some of my boys' feelings and thoughts on our big, blended family.

    And I have to ask why your bio dad named two daughters Mary LOL I know a few men who have started two families and named their children the same names in each family...seems odd to me, but is actually fairly common! How does that make you feel having a sister named Mary?

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 12:41 PM, Blogger tinamtl said…

    I knew half of that story.

    Interesting.

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 2:43 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    its very weird to have a sister named Mary...his reasoning was his sisters name aws Mary, she died young, and he wanted someone with that name. when he gave up his rights to me, he wanted someone else named that name.

    in all i loved having a big family, but there were times that i felt neglected...not enough attention, not enough money for things that i felt that i needed, if you kwim. but all in all i loved it

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The randomness of my life as a working mother of two, trying to concieve another. A wife, a mother on the journey to find herself
White Chocolate

Name:
Home:
About Me: 24 year old full time working mother of 2
See my complete profile
My List

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Dark Chocolate
Semi Sweet Chocolate
calories


web counter

delicious
Thursday Thirteen! []