There's Something about Mary

1/07/2007
Destinee's Birthday Party
was fun last night. Like I said before, not a lot of people came. Justin's dad and step mother, Justin's mother (who had to be guilted into coming...so much for her changing when her mother died. I'm done with that though, I am not making an effort anymore. Its not worth my time) and my dad and two younger brothers. Destinee got some Barbies, a princess dress up set, a doll house, some my little ponies and twenty dollars. Cayden got some finger paints...that has to bite, to be 3 and not really understand why your sister got so many presents and you got none, so I felt bad and got him some as well.

Some people say that its spoiling my kids, but really think about it. It has to bite. I won't be doing it FOREVER...just until they understand that they each get there own day. Cayden's birthday was in June....I doubt that he remembers all the way back than to all the presents that he got.

Labels: ,

posted by Mary @ 12:58 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At January 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM, Blogger Shawna said…

    So glad it went well, but all my mind can think is "clutter" LOL My boys had toys but only enough to fit in a basket and some on their book shelves. I always hated the spewed toys all around, so limited the toys.

    You are right though, birthdays are for spoiling--it is their special day! So glad you had at it and made some wonderful memories for your daughter!

     
  • At January 8, 2007 at 9:31 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Sounds like it was a nice party. She got tons of stuff!

     
  • At January 10, 2007 at 7:32 PM, Blogger tinamtl said…

    I don't think that is spoiling him. It's being considerate. :0)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


The randomness of my life as a working mother of two, trying to concieve another. A wife, a mother on the journey to find herself
White Chocolate

Name:
Home:
About Me: 24 year old full time working mother of 2
See my complete profile
My List

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Dark Chocolate
Semi Sweet Chocolate
calories


web counter

delicious
Thursday Thirteen! []